We wanted to give all the fans some information about Stubhub and other scalper websites:
1. We can’t pull them down. If we could we would. Bizzarrely the aftermarket ticket business is legal. Stubhub is owned by Ebay and operates the same way with no liability for the transactions. We always try and keep our ticket prices reasonable and affordable. We appreciate the money you spend on tickets and do everything we can to stop scalpers.
2. We don’t believe it’s the venues or promoters that are involved in this, unfortunately it's regular people and professional scalpers. Although it's sometimes inconvenient for the fans we limited ticket purchase to 2 ticket max to reduce the number of scalped tix.
3. We also made most of the shows Will Call Only. Meaning you have to pick up your tickets with ID the day of the show at the box office. Where the venue couldn’t handle “Will Call Only” we made the first 10 or 12 rows available only at Will Call so the best seats in the house can’t be scalped.
4. It's likely that many of the scalpers don’t even have some of the tickets they post on Stubhub, especially the high value ones. They wait til someone bites, then they try and buy the tickets. But since the high value tix are Will Call Only, either the scalper will have to go to the venue day of show and pick up tickets and hand them off or they are just fucking the people that buy them. BEWARE if the tix are in the first 10 rows you can only pick them up at the show and for most of the shows that’s the ONLY way to pick up the tickets.
5. We always try every move to reduce the activity but we can’t eliminate it (YET!!). For example, AC/DC did paperless tickets on an entire tour which required ticketholders to bring the credit card used to purchase the ticket to get in. These shady fucking scalpers bought all the tickets with American Express gift cards (which are like temporary credit cards with money on it) and they mailed used gift cards with the tickets.